English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

It´s possible share the users database with...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: It´s possible share the users database with...
It´s possible share the users database with... 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thank you very much for your latest help.

This thread is about of templates multisites. I need to create five slave sites with the same users database and some extensions of the master site. I created one slave site and share in this some extensions from the master site and I create the look and feel of the template that I need, but not share the users.

How can I do for to get that the instance that I create right now shared the same users of the master sites if the first slave don´t have it?.

Tnakyou very much.
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: It´s possible share the users database with... 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Share the users between the website is something presented in the tutorial video 16.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16

In the video 16, we show how to share the users between the slave 1 and its children sites.
In general, we do not recommend to share the users with the master website because we consider the master website as a repository or a library where all the extension are installed and without any content (empty).

If you want to share the users with the master, you need to create a JMS template rule where you define that you want to copy the "master" website and select in the "sharing" tabs that you want to share the users.

So the difference with video 16 is that you have to select the "master DB" website instead of the "slave 1" website in the JMS Template rule.

Template site = "master DB"
New DB prefix = {site_id}_

Sharing tabs / select the share the joomla users.
edwin2win
graph

Re:It´s possible share the users database with... 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, thank you very much for your reply.

I need to create six sites from the first slave site, but the question is whether these new sites may remain the same template but share with the master site users.

SLAVE1, is the first slave site created with the same master site template. At this site we have installed some extensions from the master site and also has been modified template. This site does not share users with the master sites.

Therefore, we need that new sites slaves (SLAVE1a, SLAVE1b, etc) remain the same template (SLAVE1) but share users with the master site.

As we can do without having to parameterize modules and template again in the new slave sites (SLAVE1a, SLAVE1b, etc)?

Regards
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:It´s possible share the users database with... 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
To share the users with the master, you need to replicate the master.

What you can do is create a JMS template rule that specify that you copy the /templates directory from the /slave1/templates directory. But this will not share this /templates directory but will create a copy.

If you want to have a symbolic link created on the slave 1 /templates directory rather than a copy, the trick would be to install JMS on the slave 1 and create the slave 1A from this website. So you could replicate the master from the slave 1 and also declare that JMS templates rule use the action = "specicial copy" for the /templates. This will replicate the master website and also create a symbolic link on the slave 1 (the site from which you create the website).

Once you will have created a website with the user sharing and the symbolic link that you want, you could use this website as new template to build other one.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla