English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Best way to setup URL for front-end public slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Best way to setup URL for front-end public slave
Best way to setup URL for front-end public slave 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm trying to create a public front-end slave site that users can view to create their own slave sites using the new site creation module.

The problem is that I've setup the Master site on a sub-domain (for security reasons) and I want the public slave site to be on my primary domain URL.

Here is an example of my setup:

* Master Joomla: www.private.mycoy.com/master
* Public Slave URL with site creation module: www.mycoy.com
* Desired slaves urls created using the site creation module: www.private.mycoy.com/slave1

I've tested JMS to deploy the slave in the www.mycoy.com directory however it does not work correctly.

Can you please suggest what is the best way to setup the domains? Should I use a 301 redirect or something similar? I want to maintain the www.mycoy.com/page-name for all pages in the public slave and also maintain good SEO rankings.

Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/12 09:40 By TonyGee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best way to setup URL for front-end public slave 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
First never use redirection that would result to display the master website because the redirect change the URL value.

The key element is to setup your server subdomain correctly to accept such subdomain.
The document root when defined your subdomain in your server must match the value that you have specified in the JMS template rule.
If the URL (subdomain) and the location on the disk does not match, you will not have the slave site displayed correctly.

Use the "hello.php" file to check the deploy directory that you must specify in your JMS Template rule.
See video 7 for the "hello world" and put this file in the subdomain directory.
This will help you identifying the correct path to use.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla