English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Setting up JMS across domains
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Setting up JMS across domains
Setting up JMS across domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am confused.

I have purchased JMS, Partial User Sharing and Single Sign on.

My goal is to have my users log in to one website(Website A) on my dedicated server and immediately get redirected to their default websites only(Website B ), which they are already logged unto as a result of Website A.

The default website for each user serves as his or her personal account and has its own cpanel hosting account with a seperate domain name.

I have created a single website B to act as the master, that way I can create many more accounts from that single joomla installation while leaving website A for log-on purposes only, hence I would like it to be a slave.

I have watched the JMS Video and read the User manuals.

I created a template for making fresh slave sites from Website B, across domains and filled in the necessary details in the FTP Section for the transfer of files.

When I save the site I get this(below), which I assume is good. But, I don't see any files in the newly created slave site.

The site 'clickittest' is updated.
If you have modified the domain list, please review that domains (clickittest.clickitsend.com) are mapped to the directory (ftp.clickittest.clickitsend.com/home/clickitt/public_html).

Also, Can I make my website A a slave of my website B even though I created website A first.

I am Using Joomla 1.7 and the latest JMS.

I will be more than happy to provide you the site URL and logon details if it is required.Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Madueke Bosah.
Bosah Madueke
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/10 17:54 By Bosah Madueke.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Setting up JMS across domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you create different cPanel account, you will have problem of permission to share the files and folders.

You have to use the "Addon Domain" in cPanel to create the other domain.
So that you will have the same files and folders ownership.

The FTP will NOT allows you sharing the files and folders because this will not allow you creating Symbolic Links between the different cPanel account.
The FTP does not contain any command to create symbolic links.

You have to use the same cPanel account or if you are a linux server administrator, ask your server administrator to change the permission of the cpanel account to allow them access the files and folders of the other cPanel account.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/13 14:14 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla