English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pre-Sales Question(Parent, Children, Grandchildren
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre-Sales Question(Parent, Children, Grandchildren
Pre-Sales Question(Parent, Children, Grandchildren 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
After doing some reading on the site and watching a few tutorial videos. I've come up with this scheme for what I'm trying to do. (Diagram Attached)

What I am thinking is this:
I have already built an extension that enables admins to moderate and classify media uploaded to jomsocial. The classifications are A-F and they are mapped in the database by their ids.
I will build a plugin that overrides jomsocial controllers and models and restrict media based on that medias classification A-F. Each Slave A-F will get it's own respective plugin which restricts media.
After I have each slave set up I will want to basically subclass those slaves in essence creating grandchildren of the master site.
Each grandchild will mirror it's parents (slave a-f) actions in regards to restricting media.

I suppose I'm just looking for confirmation as to whether or not JMS is right for me?
oasisfleeting
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre-Sales Question(Parent, Children, Grandchildren 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
With JMS, you can effectivelly create a large number of slave site and replicate them based on a parent.
So you can effectivelly create different group of slave site with the same joomla PHP code (installation).

We think that JMS can effectivelly help you acheive this objective.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla