English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Article sharing question (Solved)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Article sharing question (Solved)
Article sharing question (Solved) 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

I have run into one last problem on my website. Basically when I make some changes to the master site through articles I want all the slave sites to do the exact some changes.

Everything we have set up so far has been perfect for my site except that a lot of the modules on the screen were made with an extension that inserts articles into modules I thought I would be able to use the article sharing plugin so it would pull those articles from the master site, the problem with the article sharing plugin is that the articles need to be attached to a menu item.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to achieve this?

Another option would be to create the modules with the custom HTML module in Joomla, is there anyway we can set that up to share between the master site and slave sites?

Each one of those boxes is a module that gets its content from an article I used a module called DisplayNews, but I could easily recreate the same format with the custom HTML module.

richdean77
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/08/14 02:08 By richdean77.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Article sharing question 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to include an article within a module, the "Article Sharing for JMS" will probably not help you because the module probably does not contain the facility present in JMS to read the information from another websites.
The alternative is to create a "Multisites DisplayNews" module that would extension this module with the multisites facilities.

You have the possibility to do that with the "Multisites Custom HTML" that allow reading the custom HTML created in any websites.
So that you can effectivelly have the same content for several website.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...53&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:Article sharing question 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin your custom HTML extension did the trick
richdean77
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla