English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Adding an extensions later to site.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Adding an extensions later to site.
Adding an extensions later to site. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I am trying to understand 2 things.

If I have a master with extensions, and lets say 10 slaves all using the extensions and everything is working. What is the procedure for adding a new extensions later? I assume I add it to the master but then do I edit each slave to have sharing capabilities?

How do you backup sites with multiple slave using different subdomains? Will a cpanel full site backup also backup all subdomains?

Thanks in Advance.
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: Adding an extensions later to site. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
When you add an extension, you effectivelly needs to first install the extension in the master and after re-install the extension in the slave site.

If you have created an architecture like presented in the tutorial video 0.b slide 21-24, you have created a "group" slave site that can be used to propagate a sharing action to a set of slave site.
When you have a large number of slave sites, it might be interesting to have all the website grouped together to allow using the JMS tool menu where you have the possibility to propagate the current action (install, uninstall, sharing) to all the children websites. So you could do it for all the websites in very few steps.

If you apply the recommendation present in the tutorial , you may have to do maximum 3 steps:
1) Install in the master
2) Install in the "main" (root) slave site
3) Share the extension between the group and the main(root) site with propagation to all the children.

If never need to share anything, you can do it in 2 steps because you could group all the website directly on he main (root) slave site and directly propagate the installation to all the children.

Concerning the backup, see the FAQ where you present the manual procedure and where we also provide a shell script to perform a weekly backup. The shell script can be used in a cron in cPanel.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-268
www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...weekly-backup-script

You can also modify the shell script to perform a backup of all the DBs in one shot.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla