English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS with Geo-Localisation
JMS with Geo-Localisation 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Would this work for city based websites. If you had a sub domain setup for each city and then a menu with a link that said mycity would it automatically go to that subdomain based on there IP address?

I also read that you need a yearly license to operate and two choices to choose from. Is this required and doesn't google offer something like this?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: JMS with Geo-Localisation 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes this is effectivelly the idea.
If you create website with cities subdomain and that you also create a generic website, you can redirect the website automatically on the cities website based on the IP address.

You can setup a slave like this:
city.domain.com, www.domain.com
With Geolocalisation = city
Plus redirect on first domain.

So that if somebody goes on www.domain.com from the "city", it will be autoamatically redirected on "city.domain.com"

You have 3 choices for the geo-localisation data.
1 free (MaxMind DB)
2 possible billable services (MaxMind and Quova). This is a webservie. That mean that JMS post a requestion on their websites to get the answer concerning the geo-localisation. For that, you need to buy their license.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla