English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Large number of slave sites.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Large number of slave sites.
Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Your intro video shows the example of JMS managing 1000 sites on a single joomla installation. My question is in regards to managing that many sites with the JMS concept. For example , updating joomla. I saw in a post that you update it on the master site then fix database on all slave sites. So I would have to login into 1,000 website and fix? Some as lets say I want to add a weather module to the top of a page. I would have to login to 1,000 sites and share the module and place the module?

I am just trying to get an idea of the maintenance required when having that many slave sites. I want a county based website for the U.S. Currently there is 3,000 counties if I made a site for EVERY county. My fear is if I make a slight change having to login to 3000 sites to update/change/etc. In this situation would subfolders be better then subdomains? Does this have any effect on updating?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The answer is easy.
JMS 1.3.0.
Inside JMS 1.3.0 that I have released yesterday, there is a new functionality to help for the maintenance.

This new functionality help not only for the update but also for the upgrade and migration.
It helps checking the DB structure of the websites.
It helps fixing the DB structure on all the websites in one shot.
It also helps proceeding to the migration from an older joomla version to a new version.
It helps upgrading, migrated the joomla PHP code to another version.

As the new JMS 1.3.x is able to connect on any master website (also foreign master), you can run a JMS 1.3.x on a joomla 2.5 and read a master present on a joomla 1.5

See the JMS 1.3.0 variants
www.jms2win.com/multisite13variants

The user manual is available in the documentation
www.jms2win.com/en/documentation/doc_dow...rs-manual-version-13

JMS 1.3.x also contain a new feature that allow "ignoring the master index" creation that takes time when creating a large number of slave site.
It can be replace with a specific rule that must be developed in a "multisites_userexit".
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/08/01 21:47 By edwin2win.

Re:Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Well I'm glad I waited for the new update. This version looks to have many improvements. Now I most choose which one to buy .... ugggghhhh.
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re:Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Another question....

If each site has a forum that is independent is there a way to show total posts from all boards since it is acting like one big forum? I figure each board will show total post and what not at the bottom but was wondering if somewhere it would show all totals. I don't care if it visible to the users It was more of a personal thing to show progress.
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel

Re:Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
To both have specific content and shared content, this require to create a "multisites" version of the forum extension.

So this require to change the forum extension to modify it and add the possibility to filter the information based on the site ID.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Large number of slave sites. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
How do switch between slaves ? Do u have to log out and then login to another slave or does 1.3 allow u to switch between slaves?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla