English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New site blank
New site blank 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin and everyone else. Hopefully I can explain this correctly. First of, the system was set up by yourself Edwin as follows:

master_db
|------group.mysite.com
|----------mysiteone.com
|----------mysitetwo.com

Now, since you installed it around a month ago I have continued to work on the main site www.mysite.com as I thought that by working there it will update the database of the group.mysite.com which in turn would build an updated verion when I create mysitethree.com

Yesterday, however, I created mysitethree.com but could not log in. I went to CPanel and noticed that the tables - including users are empty except for a little data from group.mysite.com which has not been updated automatically as I thought it would.

So I guess my questions are:

1) Is the fact that group.mysite.com has not been updated by the changes I have made to www.mysite.com normal?
2) If this is normal, then where should I be building the "foundations" so to speak which I want common on all the sites?
3) Is there a way I can 'push' or update the mysitethree.com site with the settings etc found on www.mysite.com?

I have other questions but I will create new posts for ease of reading.

Thanks

M
triggeru571
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New site blank 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
I suspect that you are using the "Partial User Sharing".
If YES, when you have created the Site 3, you have to go in the "master" site to declare that the "super admin" has access to the Site 3.
Otherwise, it will not have any access and none of the users will be shown in MySQL.

1) The group site is generally used to propagate the "sharing" action to all its children sites. As everything is not shared, when you create the Site 3, you receive a copy of the Group in which you have sharing and non sharing data.
So if you want to have a copy of your "static" data from the master into Site 3, you need to first update the "static" content of the group before rebuilding the Site 3.

2) If your "foundation" is identical to the master website, you need to do it into the master and before building a site X in which you want to have a copy of the master "static" content, you first need to refresh your group (or delete / rebuild the group).

The group is used when an large number of Site X is expected and to allow propagating the installation of a shared extension into all the Site X in one shot.
If you don't want to use this facility or that you find that using the "group" is too complex for you, you can also build your Site X directly from the master. In that case, that mean that any new extension that will be installed and for which you would like to share the content with the master, you will have to repeat the share X times (one per site X).

3) If the "mysite.Com" correpond to your "master" then as mentioned here above, you need to refresh the "group" site before the Site X OR directly build the Site X based on the master with the disadvantage to have to re-install the sharing of any new extension installed master for which you would like to share the content.

Up to you to decide depending on the tradeoff to replicate master directly in the Site X or to have an easier method to install (share) new extensions in the future.

All depends the number of sites expected.
If you expect very few sites, you can redo the install N times.
If you expect a larage number of sites, re-install the sharing in all the websites can be time consuming.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla