English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Creating Slave Sites with Virtuemart function
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Creating Slave Sites with Virtuemart function
Creating Slave Sites with Virtuemart function 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there

I have just purchased JMS and it is the first time I have ever used this software so just trying to get my head around it.

Basically I have a master website with a virtuemart shopping cart, this is basically the site that will be updated time to time.

I then have slave sites that each employee has, I want the updates from the master site to also occur with the slaves sites.

The only difference between the slave site and the master site is that the slaves sites will be personalized so that means one article will be different so they can personalize their "About Us" page, they will also have their own blog and obviously each personalized site with there own contact us page with contact us form.

Everything else will be exactly the same such as template and menu structure.

I have purchased JMS, JMS shared articles and JMS shared menus.

Has anyone else attempted to create something like this or had success I just need a bit of a hand setting this up by pointing me in the right direction.

Any assistance would be fantastic

The site master site I am working with is:
thechefstoolbox.net/

Thank you
richdean77
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/07/19 13:13 By richdean77.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Creating Slave Sites with Virtuemart function 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Different approche are possible and depends if you keep the super admin access or give also super admin acces to your employees.

Share all except few thing is not directly possible with JMS.
The concept of JMS is based on the sharing and only a limited number of extensions can be shared. See the list of extension that can be shared via the help button present in the tool menu or directly in this site
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

When you share the content of extension, generally, the architecture recommended is
Main site
+--- Group
+---- Sub sites

See tutorial video 0.b - slide 21-24
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b

The idea is that your main site declare the menu and the articles with the "Multisites version" that access itself.
So that, when you will replicate the website, the reference of the website will remain the same and all the "shared" articles or menu items will make reference to your shared website.

The tutorial video 16 show how to share the users. It is applicable for any extension available for the sharing.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16

In general, we recommend that the master website is considered as a repository or a library of the extension and that you don't install any content.
This is just a recommendation but you can do in another way and use it as public website.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla