English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade
Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I use multi sites to manage multiple venue websites.

The other day I created a new slave site with no problem.

On this new slave site I ran a joomla upgrade from 1.15.22 to 1.15.26.

Now after the upgrade when I try to log back into my master it is exactly the new slave site I created. MY other slave sites also now appear as the new slave site I created as well even the admin panel.

How can I fix this so I can have my main master back and the individual slaves?

How should I handle upgrades to the core joomla system and extensions in the future?

Thank you for your time
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
First the upgrade of Joomla should only be performed on the master website and not on a slave.

When you have update/upgraded your master website, you probably need to re-apply the JMS patches because some patches might be removed by installing a new joomla version.

See the user manual chapter 8 that describe the different kind of update/upgrade.

In very summary, an update mean that you don't change the database model (structure of the tables) and therefore the update can be performed on the master website only.

The upgrade means that you have DB model modification (structure or new tables). In this case, you need to re-install the extension in each slave site to allow the extension proceed with the DB structure modification.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

So I installed the extension on each site but one of my slaves still continues to be the master.

I attached 2 screen shots.

The first one is from one of the slave sites showing the errors.
The other is from the master site showing everything ok.

However, when I go to the link of the master site on the front end it shows one of the slave sites.

What do I do?
charlesv
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Master Site turned into Slave site after upgrade 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
First JMS should not be installed in each website.
Only the master website should have the JMS installed.
If you try to install the patches from a slave site, the "install" button is disabled.

If you have the "slave" that is display when you go in what you expect to be your master then I repeat, this is because the slave site is in fact your master.

The master website is any domain or subdomains that is not defined in the list of slave site. Therefore if the URL that you provide to be the master display the slave site then this mean that in fact this is your slave that is the master.

If you want that we have a look in your environment, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

Verify the "configuration.php" file of what you think is your master (here probably the slave).
You can also check the different structure on the disk to try identifying for sure where your master website is located and which is its "configuration.php" file.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla