English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre Sale Question
Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
First I have to say that JMS looks to be pretty amazing and I am hoping it will work for me.

My site is going to have about 75 sub domains that each will need to have joomla, kunena, and sobi pro installed or working together. I know JMS is designed to have 1 installation but I want to keep each forum seperate, directory, etc. However I do want them to all operate under a single login. If there is a way to configure JMS to manage lets say 75 seperate kunena boards that would be great but not sure if it is possible.

I did see a plugin for single login which is really what I need. Can I buy just the plugin or is the like a core component that must be purchased first?

Thanks in advance,

James
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
YES it should be possible to have specific Kunena and also share the joomla users to remain logged between websites.

Single Sign-In for domains is only required when you have websites with different domains.
Here you mentioned that you will use sub-domains. Therefore, this additional extension is not required as apache or IIS can already be configured to share the sessions between subdomains. Under joomla 2.5, you have to setup the cookie domains present in the global configuration.

You just need Jms Multi Sites to do that.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
okay great. Looks like JMS will be perfect for me then.

I did have one other question. When assigning modules in Joomla if I pick a module to display on lets say kunena, it appears every time a kunena page is displayed. Now lets say I want a different menu with each Kunena board how do I make sure the right menu is displayed with the right board if all the sites are sharing Kunena and its not installed on each domain?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re:Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The display of joomla module, is specific to each website.
When you go in the Extension Manger / Module to declare the module for the specific website and it will be stored in the specific DB (or at least table prefix).

If you share the content of Kunena, the module will display the "shared" content of kunena but the setting and configuration of the module will be specific to this slave site.

You decide in each website of the position of the modules in your page.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
The display of joomla module, is specific to each website

So that means if all the menus have the same menu items but link to different databases if you wanted to add a new menu item you would have to update all the menus individually right?

Either way I am so excited about using this and learning it. Do you offer the ability for someone to explain what they are looking for their site to do and you provide instrustions on how exactly to setup their site. How Much?

James
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel

Re:Pre Sale Question 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The menu are effectivelly specific to each website.

We also have billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

In general, 1 hour is enought for a quick teaching.
3 hours is required for a basic installation on an environment without any files and folders permission and any issue with MySQL privileges.
Basic installation mean:
- Installation of Joomla
- Installation of JMS
- Creation of 2 or 3 slave sites to check the symbolic links and MySQL DB sharing.

All that is done with the customer online and sharing our desktop.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla