English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Host provider changed root path and sites broke
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Host provider changed root path and sites broke
Host provider changed root path and sites broke 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Can you please help me?

All my slave sites are broken. Our host provider has moved my sites to another directory so our master root path has changed.

I am sure I have changed all the files containing the master root path with the help of Dreamweaver, but I still get errors with the exception of the site's home page that does work (which it seems to me very strange). I think that the problems is caused by JMS.

When I edit a slave site from the JMS site administrator, I still see the old root path and I don't know where it comes from and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Walter
waltervega
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Host provider changed root path and sites broke 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
See the procedure of the manual backup/restore procedure that explain that you have to remove all the symbolic link, index.php files, installation directory, ...
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-268

You have to apply the restore procedure as all the symbolic links are modified.
The actions are:

Check the content in the "/multisites/config_multisites.php"
Potentially delete the "master" cookies and master directory path.

Delete all the symbolic links present in each slaves sites "deployed directory".

Delete the "index.php" and "index2.php" present in the root of each "deployed directory".

Delete the "installation" directory in each slave site.

Open and re-save each JMS slave site definition to allow rebuild the symbolic links and path present in the different files.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Host provider changed root path and sites broke 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I've done what you said but something failed and now I get a blank white screen when accessing /administrator of any of the sites (master, fresh slave and slaves). The frontends of the sites work but not the backends.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Walter
waltervega
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Host provider changed root path and sites broke 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned have a blank white screen on the master website.

This is strange as I didn't told you to remove anything in the master website but just cleanup the slave site symbolic links

If you have a white screen, you probably have a "error_log" file that should give you more info on the reason of the white page.
This is the symptom of a PHP fatal error that might be caused by a file missing or permission issue.

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Host provider changed root path and sites broke 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

We deleted nothing from the master site, supposedly we only modified the files you told us to.

For testing purposes, we have created a new multisite structure from scratch. After creating the master site, we changed all the URLs from absolute value to relative value, but when you create any slave site JMS again takes the absolute URL and we don't know where from. Obviously, this works, but if in the future our host provider moves our site to another folder we will be in trouble again.

Here is a pic where the absolute url appears when creating a new site:

Is there a way to tell JMS which is the relative URL so it always uses that one when creating new slave sites? If not, could you please include this feature in your next release?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Walter
waltervega
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/28 09:51 By waltervega.

Here you can see it better:
waltervega
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/02 01:47 By waltervega.Reason: IMAGE CHANGE

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla