English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Pre sales question
Re:Pre sales question 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you I received the email and have ordered the JMS 1.1.21 and the Multisitesmenu item.

I decided to run with your products as I am most impressed at the high level of support that you have given.

I have several sub domains attached to the domain.

I have not set up a master Joomla install on the main site as yet.

I have done all my creation, design and work in different sub domains.

* How do I go about renaming the sub domains?

Reading the installation and demo instructions.

Please correct me here if I am wrong.

As I haven't set up a master site as yet for my domain.

On database config - do I use the Advanced settings "Backup old Tables" or just a straight installation?

On installation of a slave site it shows new installations in the pdf demo.

As these sub domains are already built how do I integrate them?

Thanks

Ken
sovereign6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre sales question 14 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Ken,
with small manual operation, it is possible to re-use the existing "sub-domain" website to make them available in JMS.
The key element is to install in the master website all the extension that are used by your existing domains as explained in the documentation, all the slave sites share the files and folders on the disk. This means that the extensions must be firstly installed on the master website.

When you have a master website with all the extension installed, you can create a slave site into JMS and rather than to use the Joomla install to create the DB and create the configuratoin.php file, you can copy your existing configuration.php of the sub-domain that you want to move into the deploy directory of the new slave site.
As your provide the configuration.php file, this will avoid that JMS request a new Joomla installation and it will use this one.
You probably have to modify this configuration.php files to change the path to the tmp and log directory. This may be performed using the Global Configuration of the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla