English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7
Re:Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Now I am sure that the problem is on JMS.

I tested the installation Patches on site installed in subfolder of domain root and it's ok.

Can to be exluded VM-HOST, PHP , file and folder permission.

Now i resolved but i'm waiting the moderator's answer
By
milizza
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Now I'm also sure that the problem is on the JMS.

As I say - I contacted the hosting support to help me solve the problem with the patch (I thought the error on the hosting, but oh, not on the hosting side, but the error is on the side JMS). So I tried to install the patches installed on site in a subfolder of the root domain and it's ok.

Says user "milizza" - can be excluded VM-host, PHP, files and folders permission. I AGREE - this problem really is not. I have tried all the different extensions for Joomla (and also very demanding and complex).

But it is true that JMS is a very complicated thing, a very sophisticated and functional (but now contains a bug: (). Probably not fun all the essentials to incorporate such an extension, and write him another installer. In my humble opinion it is one of the BEST extensions for Joomla!. So you have my admiration. But please you to fix this bug (probably not want too much).

Now I'm totally sure this bug, because this problem does not only me! waiting for a response moderator
elbarto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
To fix a bug, you must be able to give a scenario to reproduce it.
Here all we read is that you probably have a permission error somewhere on your server.
You say that this is a bug in JMS but you don't describe any scenario and configuration to reproduce it.
If you want that we have a look on your server, you can always use our billable support at www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

JMS is effectivelly sensitive to the hosting environment and when the permissions are not correctly managed by the server this may cause trouble to access the files and folders. We already tried detect several case that could cause problem and list them in the "check patches" screen but this is not easy and most people does not read the message displayed.
edwin2win
graph

I understand everything you've described here. Absolutely agree.
But what strikes me, and quite surprising, is that JMS (latest version, but even the previous version) on Joomla! 1.5 patch worked correctly.
So would a problem in hosting a fact seen (but I can not really say it, I'm not a guru). I would like, but use Joomla! version 1.7 and following. So you still think that is a problem with hosting? The only thing to install Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6, that is Buffering in one case (first) off in the second case on. Otherwise, everything looks the same.
I will try to somehow resolve itself. I just asked for help from you.
Which settings for hosting, this may cause (too much about you please answer)?
elbarto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/08/28 11:32 By elbarto.

Re:Component installation and problems in joomla 1.7 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS application is identical for all the joomla version.
So I don't see any behavior in JMS that would give different result in permission on your server.
edwin2win
graph

You are right. The problem is in hosting. I just needed to somehow "kick" what way it might (just tell me .... try more things). Just a tip that. Thank you for trying to help me.
elbarto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla