English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: jms multi site
Re: jms multi site 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
In master site just i have renamed the installation directory like "__installation" before installing the multisite component.But after creating the multisite I can see the installation directory into that (master)folder but site is running,it's not showing the error message like
"Please remove your installation directory completely".

In slave site installation directory is available but configuration.php file is missing
While making the templates for slave site I have choose the "copy folder with subfolder links" for intallation directory as per the video tutorials.

How to resolve this kindly assist me.......
vinod
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/03/04 08:22 By vinod.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: jms multi site 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Once the Jms Multi Sites patches are installed, the "installation" directory is restored to allow creating new "fresh slaves" sites.
Jms Multi Sites is able to make the distinction between a "configuration.php" file that is not present and that require the "installation" directory or the case where the "installation" directory can be ignored.

We didn't changed the "Joomla Installer" to change its message.
When you clik to start the "site" or the "admin", when the patches are installed, it can be started immediately without removing the "installation" directory.

Do do not delete the "installation" directory that is present in the master as it is used when creating "fresh" slave sites to allow them lauching the "Joomla Installer"
edwin2win
graph

Hi,

I need one clarification for multisite while creating the slave site,Where ever it will create the dir.

one is under under multisite dir as like [/var/www/html/master/multisite/slave1] and another one is [/var/www/html/slave1].

is it right?
vinod
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: jms multi site 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Jms Multisites never create the directory except when you enable the check box that ask to create the deployed folder.

The "/multisites/{site_id}" is the location where JMS Multisite saves the definition of a slave site. So in this case, it already exists as it is created by JMS multisite to save its data. In most of the cases, I have used this directory in the sample to avoid creating a new directory.
edwin2win
graph

I have created the slave site and installed it,whenever i click the slave site it goes to joomla installer screen and ask to install the site. What may be the issue kindly assit me to solve this issue.
vinod
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla