English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: acesef -
Re:acesef - 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
is it possible to hide the site ID with sh404sef? if I hand change each article I wish to SEF the url?

Im not opposed to buying that if it will work for this need.

I only have like 15 articles I wish to share cross all site, BUT they are the most important articles and want SEF urls on all of them.

if this is not possible, do you have a method I can share these 15 articles from the main site to my slaves with SEF urls? will i be able to then update the article and have the content change to all my slave sites?

Thanks
mismarketing
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/09/27 01:27 By mismarketing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:acesef - 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If the site ID is not present in the menu item ID corresponding to the URL for whcih you want to hide the site id then you could create a hidden menu that correspond to multisites "single" articles (not blog or whatever).
The fact that you will use a single articles will ensure that the site_id will be saved in the menu item description.

When you are sure that the site id is present in the corresponding menu item id that is present in the URL, that means that you could simply remove the site_id parameter present in the URL.
If you had to create a hidden menu, use the "alias" associated to this menu as SEF name that you will used in the sh404SEF.

Normally the standard joomla SEF, start to get the menu item id description with all its parameters and if the site id is present, it can be removed from the URL.
edwin2win
graph

We have updated the "Article Sharing for JMS" to try hide the site ID when possible and perform the processing described in our previous reply.

See the change history for the procedure to update.
www.jms2win.com/faq/article-sharing-version-10x
edwin2win
graph

i upgraded and received this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare multisitescontentbuildroute() (previously declared in /home/content/09/6774709/html/components/com_multisitescontent/router.php:62) in /home/content/09/6774709/html/components/com_multisitescontent/multisites.router.php on line 113

i removed AceSEF just to see if that would fix it. it did not.

The entire front end of the site is now down.
mismarketing
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/09/27 16:55 By mismarketing.

I fixed it. You need to remove SEF first, then remove multi-site content to upgrade.

then reinstall multi-site content, then SEF

but now i have this issue:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/09/6774709/html/components/com_multisitescontent/multisites.helpers/route.php on line 112

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/09/6774709/html/components/com_multisitescontent/multisites.helpers/route.php on line 112

on the page of all my article shared links. the SEF urls are working though
mismarketing
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/09/27 18:03 By mismarketing.

If you had read the "change history" that we mentioned, you would have see that you didn't have to unsinstall the extension but just perform as "purge converted files" in the back-end of the "multi sites content" menu.
www.jms2win.com/faq/article-sharing-version-10x

Which version of Joomla are you using ?
Can you also describe which setup you did in the menu.
Which layout did you used ? (Section, Category, blog, list, ...)

Because you have uninstall the extensions, I suspect that all the menu item ID contain now the reference to an older component id. Joomla (not JMS Multisites) use teh component identifier that is attributed when you have installed the extension. As you have uninstall them, then you have to re-open and re-save the menu items to ensure that the new component id is assigned for the menu items.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/09/27 22:23 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla