English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs...
Re:Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs... 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally the JS can work if you have deployed the slave site into a specific directory AND that you have correctly configured your hosting server to use this specific directory.
It should be able to find the JS.

For example we have also provided a patch some weeks ago to to allow the rokmoduleorder extension update the correct joomla template "params" file when working in a slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/02/07 10:01 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs... 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The method used by RT and gantry is BAD because they store plenty of things in ".INI" files and not only in params.ini files.
They have created and saved thing in several ini files ( menuparams.ini, params.ini, presets.ini).

If you want to have a speicifc template for each slave site, the only solution that I see is copy/paste the template for each slave site and change the name of the template.
In this case, you will have a specific directories and this should keep the ".INI' files specific for each template.
To be able modify the appropriate '.INI' file, you will need to perform the copy in the master website templates directory and share the templates directory in the slave site.
The parameters of the template should be updated in the master to update the "params.ini" file. Only the master update the "params.ini" file.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs... 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Can you please help me with the steps to copy the temaplate for the slave drive, I am not sure how to do this
gtalwar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you want to copy the "/template" directory, you can create a JMS template (menu) and in the "files and folder" tab, use the action "copy" beside the "templates" directory.

Review potentially the other directories.

When you have save the JMS templates (ie. template id = duplic_templates_dir) the you can create a slave site that use the rule "duplic_templates_dir".
When you go in JMS manage site, select the JMS templates that you have created.

In a JMS templates, you can setup all the default values you want to avoid enter them in the manage site. This also allow you to change the default JMS behavior when it creates a slave site.

If you want that we setup your environment, we also have billable support that can be ordered at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/02/13 15:09 By edwin2win.

Re:Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hello,

Hello,

I am on the same problem with Rocketthem's Gantry Framework.

I am already usin copy in the Folder and File in the template set-up "copy a folder or file" but it don't solve the problem with the Gantry Framework.

Howeven there is another parameter "special copy" which I would like to know what that special is?

For us this is really a problem as all our templates is Rocckettheme templates and we would like to be able to use the new Rockettheme templates as well.

I am sure that there is a solution and as several developer and web designers now are using Joomla Multi Site it must be in interest of both Rockettheme and JMS that a solution is found.

The Gantry Framework is totally new to me so I can't offer any input on this but I can see the future potential of the Gantry Framework and Joomla MultiSites.

FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Rockettheme modules like RokStories and RokTabs... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
This is a problem i n the Gantry implementation and Rokethemes does not want to correct their mistake to be compatible.
They decided to play alone.
So complain to Rokethemes for the compatibility.
They use method that are not compatible with Joomla and they have decide to redevelop their own stuf.
Up to them to make that compatible
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/04/02 22:29 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla