English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Does not create Deployed Folder
Re:Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't want to dynamically change the admin user - I want to change it to one static user that already exists and also specify the email and password from the backend so that these options are not presented to the user. Or even hard code it somewhere, would this be possible? (and if so, how and were )

Thanks again,

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
This is present in JMS.

Sorry to repeat that this is explaine in the tutorial step 13
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-13

You will see in the video that you have a user called "fe_admin" that is used for that.
This is the static user that you have to create before selecting it in the JMS template.L

Up to you to create any special user.
And select the "admin user" field among the list of users.

JMS will not create the user but use the one that you will have selected.

As you propose the service from the front-end, it is required to allow the customer set a new password and new email address for the selected admin user that you will have defined in the JMS template.

So as you select an admin user, this is effectivelly static admin user or hardcoded as you request it.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/24 21:47 By edwin2win.

I know I am beating a dead horse and I promise I understand how to create the user and assign it in the template....but I don't understand why are you required to ask for the email address and password on the front end? Is this something that Joomla requires that cannot be passed any other way? I'm fine creating the user like in video 13 and selecting that user for the template, I was just hoping to avoid having the user enter a password and email that really isnt needed. Thanks Again!

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Hiow do you want that a customer access the slave site if he does not have any back-end access.

To have a back-end access, you have to create an administrator user (the fe_admin) with the permission level you want and let the customer decide to change the password to allow him to login.

In addition, the email is required because you can not create 2 users with the same email address.

Create a slave site without any back-end is a non sense as the customer will not be able to do anything with it (event unable to create articles, menu or whatever).

A minmum of permission is required and therefore you need to provide a user (fixed) with a password (not public) and a unique email address.

This is the equivalent to the standard joomla procedure that at the end of a fresh joomla installation it required to give a site title, an email adress and password to create the administrator.

With JMS, the difference is that the user is NOT created but just modify an existing one (to avoid login = admin).
So this is the same procedure as Joomla itself - there is nothing new in that.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/24 23:14 By edwin2win.

Ok, our plan is to have a master site for our Company that will allow our franchises to create their own "mini" site with a distinct url (www.companysite.com/myfranchise)

On this mini site, the owner will be able to create articles, upload photos and share content from our master site as well. They will not be changing the structure or adding menu items in any way. All of this will be uniform to the master site and will be handled by a company employee.

Here is the problem - for a Franchisee to create their personal site, they have to register on the Master Site, then login and then select the Menu Item to add the slave site from the front end. They will have already used their email address when they registered for the main site and won't be able to use it again when they create the slave site since two users cannot have the same email address. How do people get around that?

I was hoping to specify a corporate employee as the Super Administrator during site creation including the email address and password so that the Franchisee is unable to login to the back end of the site. And then change the Franchisee UserID to an Administrator so that they have the rights to create articles and such.

Am I way off base here???
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

OK for your description but your problem is not there.

To create your franchisee minisite, you have to create a template franchisee website that will be replicated to create those mini website.
In this "template" franchisee website, you can have any user define for the administration.
You can for example provide a "publisher" user for which the email and password will be modified.

In such way the franchisee with not be able to modify the menu or whatever except publish articles.

Normally this "mini" franchisee website used as template should not be the master as you JMS or perhaps other extension should not be installed.

Your franchisee will have a user on your master website and a second user to manager (create the articles) in the mini website.
You can not share the users with the master website - or this will be reset the "admin user" that you will provide to the front-end and also this does not make sense to give the same permission to all the mini sites to everybody.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla