English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Setup: Independent Templates
Re:Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
To allow me retesting the functionality can you confirm that you had setup your environment with following setting.

JMS templates / files and folders / templates action = "copy"
JMS templates / common / templates folder = {deploy_dir}/templates
Deploy folder = ????? give me the value (ie. {site_dir} )
Domain = ???? give me the value. (ie {site_url}/multisites/{site_id} )
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
First off, I apologize. My last post to this topic got posted incorrectly here:

jms2win.com/en/forum/26-bugs-errors-repo...limit=6&start=12

Yes, thank you. The instructional videos have been very helpful.

I have been using the copy dropdown menu item selection for the /templates folder (on the 'folders' tab of the template settings). I've FTP'ed to the folder to confirm the /template folder is a physical folder and the templates have been copied over. This step seems to work flawlessly. But, when I install a new template on the slave site, the template's files get copied to the master site's /templates folder instead of the slave site's /templates folder and the template's new database table entries are not being created on either the master site's DB or the slave site's DB.

I would have expected the template to be copied to the slave site's /templates folder and new database table entries for the new template created on the slave site's database. Thoughts?

Kind Regards,

bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/25 17:01 By bonfiresalomon.

Re:Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If the "/templates" directory is a physical one and that the sub-folder are physical one as expect (that seems the case with the /templates action=copy) then verify that you have setup your cPanel (or other admin tool) with the correct "document root" path.

Perhaps that you have setup your apache to the directory of the master.

You can also put a "hello.php" file into the directory of the slave site to verify the path that is displayed. You should have the "deployed forder" path and not the master one. If you see the master path, verify your cpanel (or equivalent).
edwin2win
graph

Re:Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm having the same issue.
I've deployed a slave site from a template site sharing the database but with it's own theme in {deploy_dir}/templates

The slave site uses its own theme files for images and css such as /public_html/multisites/slavesite/templates/theme123/images, however if I modify /public_html/multisites/slavesite/templates/theme123/index.php it has no effect. Subsites only use the theme index.php from the template (master) site.

Please help.
saltmedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Solved: Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
***For Those Who Follow***

The issue was with the path the subdomain/addon domain is mapped to.

It seems that, for slave sites that repeat/trigger the install process (eg fresh slave sites), the addon/subdomain must be mapped to the master site's /public_html folder.

With sites that do not require this (template/non- 'fresh slave site's), the addon domain (or subdomain depending on your setup) needs to be mapped to the actual deployed directory (eg /public_html/multisites/yourslavesite/), as correctly instructed in the confirmation message after creating a new slave site.

FYI, if you try to create a fresh slave site with a domain that is not mapped to the master site's /public_html folder, you will get the WSOD blank screen of death ...search the forum, often the subject of forum posts.
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Solved: Setup: Independent Templates 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the follow-up. However, in my case, the subdomain is correctly mapped to the actual deployed directory. Should I start a new thread for this Edwin?
saltmedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla