English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: RSForms!Pro sharing
Re:RSForms!Pro sharing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm also interested to learn a little more about how JMS handles RSForms Pro sharing.

Can you please explain:

1) What is shared and not shared?
2) If I create a slave site based on a template with a menu item link to a form, and then change the fields in a form in the master (or slave) will the form automatically change in all the slave sites?
3) Are form submissions shared across all the master and slave sites? or
4) Are form submissions only saved in the slave site?

Also, I've created a slave site template and selected to share RSForms in the template however when I create the new slave I get an SQL error message saying (the error actually goes on for many more lines):

Code:

Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW rsform3_rsform_component_type_fields AS SELECT * FROM `master_site`.`ga8zf_rsform_component_type_fields`]. DB Error:  ANY command denied to user 'rsform3'@'localhost' for table 'ga8zf_rsform_component_type_fields' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW rsform3_rsform_component_type_fields AS SELECT * FROM `master_site`.`ga8zf_rsform_component_type_fields`
Create User error [1132]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `master_site`.`ga8zf_rsform_component_type_fields` TO `rsform3`@`localhost` IDENTIFIED BY '#6[w7pcx8o' WITH GRANT OPTION;] , DB Message = [You must have privileges to update tables in the mysql database to be able to change passwords for others SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `master_site`.`ga8zf_rsform_component_type_fields` TO `rsform3`@`localhost` IDENTIFIED BY '#6[w7pcx8 o' WITH GRANT OPTION;]

When I disable RSForms sharing then there is no issue with the slave creation. Could this be because I am using RSForms Pro? Or have you not updated your definition for the latest version?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/16 05:32 By TonyGee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RSForms!Pro sharing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
1)
The concept of sharing is explained in the tutorial video 0.a

It consists in sharing the MySQL table.
This is the same as a symbolic link to share the files on the disk.
Sharing of MySQL table is the same.
You what several websites that share the same MySQL table.

2) If you share the "rsform" then all the MySQL "rsform" tables will be shared.
So if the data that you specified is stored in the "rsform" tables then they will be shared.

3) If your submission result in saving information into the "RSForm" table then they will be shared as the MySQL table is unique for the website that you decided to share it.

4) If you share something, any of the website that share the info have the same info and the possibility to manage the content, submit, ...

The error message that you report is the "command denied to user" that is explained plenty of times in this forum.
Update your MySQL user privileges to allow it creating view and show view.
See also the tutorial video 0.b slide 35 that show how to increase the MySQL user privileges with PHPMyAdmin.
edwin2win
graph

Re:RSForms!Pro sharing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your explanation about the sharing, that is the way I understood it however I just wanted to make sure to avoid any unexpected surprises.

Regarding the user permissions issue, as you are hoepfully aware I am using the "master root" user to create these databases dynamically and this user has even been checked by you in a teamviewer session. I just checked again now and the user does have all the correct priveledges so the issue must now rest with JMS, no?

Please let me know what else I can try to successfully launch a slave site sharing the RSForms Pro tables?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:RSForms!Pro sharing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Create a DB and share the MySQL tables between different table are two differents things.

If you want to share the RSForm table, you need to autorise the MySQL user to have access to the different DBs.

So, if you have 2 DBs with 2 differents MySQL users that does not have access to both DBs, you will not be able to share the content.
You need to autorise the user to access the other DB.

When JMS create dynamically the user, it has only access to his own DB and not to any other DB.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla