English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: sh404SEF
Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I am guessing that the original post was regarding the "URL mess up" caused when the sh404SEF component is enabled in a JMS set up.

By "URL mess up" I mean, incorrect URLs being mapped to menu items of member sites. These incorrect URLs usually belong to other member sites. For eg: say you have a menu item named "Faculty" which has the following original URL
www.example.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=123........
This is mapped to an user-friendly SEF URL as follows:
www.example.com/index.php/academics/faculty

However, because the same article ID may exist in another site, sh404SEF may do reverse-lookup and return a totally incorrect SEF URL.

This is my guess as to the problem, and I solved it by turning OFF the caching in sh404SEF. Of course, the mappings are persistent in the individual site DBs, and therefore, we get the correct URLs if caching is turned OFF.
anilgs
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I repeat that there is a fix in a JMS 1.1.20 or higher and you still using JMS 1.1.13.
So retry first with the latest JMS version before reporting us a potential error.

Once you will be using the latest version and if you still be able to reproduce it, give a detailled scenario.
You reply is still to generic and not detailled.
When you have several slave site, they have different domain.
So in your explaintion, you let suppose that you have a merge between the domain.

Did you have deployed the slave site into a specific directory or do you share the same master root directory ?
Which is your hosting server configuration for your domain ?
Does they use specific directory ?

If you are using specific deploy folder, you will have specific caches.

You can also using the standard Joomla SEF that is working perfectly.
edwin2win
graph

Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I have JMS 1.2.19 on Joomla 1.5.15

Here is the issue:
SH404 uses URL cache in components/com_sh404sef/cache/shCacheContent.php

This is the single file handling all the url cache and thus there is overlap of article/category/section ids.

Here is a sample file for reference.

// shCache : URL cache file for sh404SEF
//1.5.4.302 - <a href="dev.anything-digital.com/sh404SEF/".../sh404SEF/</a>
if (!defined('_JEXEC')) die('Direct Access to this location is not allowed.');
$shURLCacheCreationDate = 1264422342;

$shURLDiskCache[0]='index.php?option=com_content&amp;Itemid=3&amp;format=feed&amp;id=1&amp;lang=en&amp;layout=blog&amp;type=rss&amp;view=section#section1/feed/rss.html#0';
$shURLDiskCache[1]='index.php?option=com_content&amp;Itemid=3&amp;format=feed&amp;id=1&amp;lang=en&amp;layout=blog&amp;type=atom&amp;view=section#section/feed/atom.html#0';
$shURLDiskCache[2]='index.php?option=com_content&amp;Itemid=3&amp;id=1&amp;lang=en&amp;layout=default&amp;view=category#category1/#0';
$shURLDiskCache[3]='index.php?option=com_content&amp;Itemid=3&amp;catid=1&amp;id=3&amp;lang=en&amp;view=article#article1-alias.html#0';
$shURLDiskCache[4]='index.php?option=com_content&amp;Itemid=3&amp;catid=1&amp;id=1&amp;lang=en&amp;view=article#article2-alias.html#0';

As you can see it creates common cache file for all sites without any reference to the originating site thus the first site to register its id gets the url listed and the rest of the sites get that data.

I hope its clear... If not let me know.
aasheesh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/01/25 13:43 By aasheesh.

Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
NO this is NOT clear.
All the infos that you provide correspond to URL and in any maner the physical directory where the cache is store.
If the sh404sef use the joomla cache directory, as it is specific to each slave site, this should be OK as long as you have setup JMS and your hosting server to use a specific directory for each slave sites.

None of the sample you provided in your post show that you have a common directory.
You just mention URL that does NOT mean a directory path as they are specific to each slave sites as soons as you have deployed the slave site into a specific directory.
Therefore the cache directory should be specific to each slave site IF and only IF you have setup your hosting server to have a speecific directory for each slave site and you have setup JMS to deploy the slave site into this specific directory.

Your URL just gives "index.php? ....." that is not a location where the cache is store on the disk.
edwin2win
graph

Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok Let me be more elaborate: MASTER = Common

1. SH404SEF is installed on master site only.
2. It has two folders in master site. One in administrator/components and other in components.
3. In master/administrator/components it saves config.
4. In master/components it saves url cache.

You have created patch for Slave to have their corresponding config files in master/administrator/components.

But the you need to create patch for salves to have separate cache files too. Here is the link to that file Master/components/com_sh404sef/cache/shCacheContent.php

I hope you understand it now.
aasheesh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:sh404SEF 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I try to understand what you mean.
The files "Master/components/com_sh404sef/cache/shCacheContent.php" does not exists.
The only place that I found something is in shcache.php that contain the word shCacheContent.php but in my environment, I don't have such file.

Can you describe the procedure to get this file.
As long as I don't have a detailled procedure to reproduce the problem, as long as I will not be able to fix it.
So I need to be able reproduce the problem before trying to fix it.

So would you please detail how to reproduce your problem.
Perhaps a procedure with screenshot step by step.

In the meantime, I will try understand in which condition the file shCacheContent.php is created and where it is used.
Till now, I have just found an entry where it is created but never saw how it is used.
Therefore I need a very detailled scenario from you to reproduce the problem.
You must consider that we are a beginner with sh404sef when you provide us the detailled scenario.

In the meantime, it seems that it is possible to disable the sh404sef cache in the configuration.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/25 23:26 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla