English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Session probably shared between front and backend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Session probably shared between front and backend
Session probably shared between front and backend 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
when I log just into backend, Im automatically get access into frontend restricted area as well, despite there is only one entry in session table (client_id is set to 1). After logging out session table is not updated (session_id is still conected with certain user).

Im using Joomla 1.5.11 and JMS 1.1.23 with 1.1.11 patches version.
marcin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/06/15 10:49 By marcin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Session probably shared between front and backend 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS does not manage sessions except when working on localhost to give a facility to simulate URL.

Therefore if you are working on a real domain, I can tell you that JMS does not use the sessions.
I suppose this is a standard Joomla behavior.

When a PHP session is open, it remains open whatever the place you are in Joomla.
This means that you can go in any webpage of your website (back-end or front-end) and the sessions will remain open.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/06/15 11:43 By edwin2win.

Re:Session probably shared between front and backend 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for quick reply.

Im running my site on localhost, maybe thats the reason of this behaviour. I dont think its standard Joomla issue because when I uninstall JMS patches everything is fine again.

Joomla stores session information in #__session table. If you access Joomla (both front and backend) in same browser there should be two separate entries in session table created (with client_id = 0 for frontend and 1 for backend). When JMS patches are installed and user logs out new session entry should be created (old one should be deleted). Its not happening. Old session is kept.
marcin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/06/15 12:36 By marcin.

Re:Session probably shared between front and backend 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
When working on localhost, JMS use the session to simulate any domain or sub-domain.
See procedure described in the forum /forum?func=view&id=303&catid=17#303
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/06/15 12:37 By edwin2win.

Re:Session probably shared between front and backend 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Ive tried to run it online, and it works fine with patches installed, so as you said its localhost issue.
marcin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla