English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Joomla 3.7.2 update
Joomla 3.7.2 update 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,
I update to joomla 3.7.2 and all was fine, I have jms 1.3.66 but when I check BD section on all my sites complains about have other scheme so I fix through fix db on jms but doesn't work. I must enter on every site and go database and fix db.. how I centralize it (I have 5 more joomla farms to update)
webuc
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla 3.7.2 update 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes one solution consists in using the Joomla extensions manager / database => Fix button but if you are doing an upgrade from a previous Joomla version, some fixes are not executed and ignored by this method.
One of the fix missing is the insert of records in the DB to add the definition of the "com_fields" extension.

When using JMS Maintenance menu, you have to take care of the error reported.
You mainly have to check the version of joomla that is used by the maintenance to report the potential fixes to execute.
The idea of the JMS Maintenance is effectivelly to allow centralize the update but for that, you need to have a good knowledge of what must be fixed.
The tips consists in using the free SQL field in which you copy the fix proposal and that you manually cleanup things before executing the statement.

So start to put in the top right the default action to "ignore".
and on each sites, copy in the Free SQL the statement that you want to execute and select the action "Free SQL only".

For the moment, this is the only solution available and we are investigating an easier solution.

For those who will upgrade from a J3.5 or lower to J3.6 and higher, in J3.6 the issue concern 3 "installer" plugins that are not defined by the Joomla database => Fix.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Joomla 3.7.2 update 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
It will help who are facing such kind of bugs.
AlexJuvion
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Joomla 3.7.2 update 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Another tricks to proceed with the upgrade from J3.6 or lower to J3.7.x consists in applying the following procedures in the slave sites (or the master when the allow_fopen_url is false).

In fact, when you use the Joomla Update, there are several steps that are performed.
The first one that is illustrated by the progress bar consists in download the "update package" zip file and unzip it.
Once unzipped, you are at the 100% of the progress bar and after you are redirected to the page

administrator/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&view=update&layout=finaliseconfirm

This is the URL that must be executed on each slave to allow upGrading the DB structure correctly.
You will probably get an error that will stop the upgrade but you can continue the upgrade with the "Extension Manager" / database => Fix button
because the new records in the DB will already been inserted with the "FinaliseConfirm" action.

In the case, it is not possible to use the Joomla update on the master, unzip manually the "update package" on the master and apply the same procedure hereabove.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla