English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Tip for Installing EasyBlog
Tip for Installing EasyBlog 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
When installing easy blog on a slave site though tools > install from master I had problems. Uploading to the slave installer also presented version problems, even though it was the same package.

Easyblog uses a multi-step install process. After installing from master, on the slave site, the menu item for EasyBlog would show up under components, but when clicked on it would start the multi-step install process.

One of the first steps throws this error:
Extracting component files
Failed
Sorry, the package specified does not exist on the site.

To work around this I went to the installer on master site and uploaded the EasyBlog package. At first screen of the easyblog install process I went to over to the slave site and successfully went thought the steps of install, initiating it by clicking on easyblog in the components menu.

I suppose is holds the package in a temp folder on the master, as it install, and that was what the slave site was looking for.

This may also work for easydiscuss, komento, easysocial and others from stackideas.
vegaschuck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tip for Installing EasyBlog 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have a problem of version reported during the re-installation of a package in a slave site, this can be due to a specific installer developed by the author of the extensions.

In this case, it is possible to disable this in the JMS setting when you set "ignore version checking" to true (yes).

Becarefull when doing that because it is required that you verify that your master and slave site will have exactly the same version of the extensions.

If you forget to check that manually, then you may create inconsistencies between the PHP code of the extension and the table structure used by the extension.

Another possibility is to use the JMS Tools menu that can do the installation of extension but you will also have to do that for all the modules and plugins that might be related to the extension.

If you disable the JMS Setting version verification, I recommend to do it temporarly to avoid installing an extension with wrong version by error.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Tip for Installing EasyBlog 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Good to know and I think EasyBlog now have a different installation procedure but maybe I am wrong.
ssnobben
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Tip for Installing EasyBlog 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
FWIW, I think some of my issues with installation came from the fact I was using the same temp directory for the master and slave.
vegaschuck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Tip for Installing EasyBlog 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for your feedback
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla