English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Does reCaptcha2 work with Joomla Multi Sites?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Does reCaptcha2 work with Joomla Multi Sites?
Does reCaptcha2 work with Joomla Multi Sites? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I have JMS running on a Joomla 3.4.5 installation. Is it possible to use reCaptcha2 in a JMS site? As you probably know, each domain must have it's own reCaptcha keys. In my installation, each slave site has its own database, so I am thinking that I can just leave the master site keys blank, and add each slave site's keys through its own administrator area. Will that work?

It would be nice to know in advance. Though I can't see why trying it on my own would break anything. If I don't hear back from you soon, I'll try it an will post the result here.

For others, you might elaborate in your reply whether reCapthcha can be configured in a JMS installation with 1 shared database.

Thanks!
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Does reCaptcha2 work with Joomla Multi Sites? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
reCaptcha is provided in standard with Joomla.
Inside the reCaptcha plugin, you can select the version 1 or 2.

The parameters of the plugin are specific to each slave site.
So, YES, you should be able to setup each slave site plugin with their specific keys.

The sharing of the plugin parameters is not possible.
The parameters of the extensions (component, module, plugins, ...) are located in the "#__extensions" table and this is the table that defined all the extensions installed and enabled/disabled.

There is just some exception with some plugin that does not save their parameters into the core joomla table (#__extensions).
Some rare extension may save their settings into a specific table or file on the disk. So in this specific case only they can be shared.
This is not the case of the reCaptcha that use a standard joomla parameter saving and not a specific one.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Does reCaptcha2 work with Joomla Multi Sites? 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Merci!
Yes, I was able to set up each site with reCaptcha2 using individual keys in each slave site. No problems.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla