English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Smart Search on a JMS site
Smart Search on a JMS site 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin — I am contemplating enabling Joomla's Smart Search feature for use on one of my Slave sites.

In my installation, each slave site has its own separate database. We are running Joomla 3.4.3, on the latest full version of JMS.

We want to create a custom Smart Search plugin to allow that slave site to have "predictive search" features, providing a pull-down menu of available alternatives to a search word entered, much like Google is providing alternate search words or phrases.

Would Smart Search work well within my particular JMS environment? Would there be any performance issues?

Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Smart Search on a JMS site 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Currently, there is NO multisite smart search.

We have the "Multisites Search Plugin" that use the normal search (form) that is able to search into a list of website and provide the answer that can be compatible with the "Article Sharing for JMS" or redirect the user to their specific site (to avoid duplicated content).

This is not really a problem of performance but a problem to merge the results from differents sites with multiple DB connection and all that via an ajax call.

For the moment, we didn't developed such "Multisites Smart Search plugin".
We notice this is something that is whished.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla