English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Compatible: PreachIT?
Compatible: PreachIT? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

Does JMS support PreachIT? If not, any plans to support it in the near future?

Kind Regards,
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Compatible: PreachIT? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When an extension is not yet defined in the JMS tool menu, generaly, you can re-install the extension the slave site to let this extension create the MySQL tables required by this extension.

You can also send us the extension in the attachement of an email and we will review it and potentially add its definition in a next release of JMS.
You can find our email in the "contact us" menu.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Compatible: PreachIT? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the clarification,

I've installed the extension on the master site, replicated the master as a slave site+slave db. The reinstallation failed on the slave site ("This extension is not found in the master site...") I'm not sure what's going on there. Could it be because the extension installs multiple modules and plugins in addition to installing the component at the same time? I can't figure out how is JMS 'missing' or not seeing PreachIt on the master site when reinstalling PreachIt on the slave site. Would it be possible to get PreachIt to be defined in a future release of JMS?

Regardless, PreachIt is installed, enabled and shared/installed to the slave site from the master. The only error that is occurring with PreachIt is the page that plays the sermon/message. From the Apache error log, it looks like PreachIt is going to a page that doesn't exist. The same error does not occur on a non JMS site. Could this be related to the fact that PreachIt uses JPATH_SITE versus JPATH_ROOT?

Kind Regards,

*FYI, I've sent the extension along via email. Thanks again
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/02 16:15 By bonfiresalomon.

Re: Compatible: PreachIT? 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you can not re-install the extension in the slave site, this perhaps means that this extension use a "temporary" installer that is deleted after that it has installed everything. If this is the case, JMS is not able to retreive the manifest (xml) file of this temporary extension as it is deleted.

When the extension is declared in the JMS tools with it MySQL tables then you can use the JMS tools for that.

I have correctly received the extension by email.

Remark: JPATH_SITE and JPATH_ROOT have the same values.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/07/05 11:12 By edwin2win.

Re: Compatible: PreachIT? 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the reply,

Would you be willing to define PreachIt in the next release of JMS?

At this point, JMS is blocking me from (re)installing PreachIt on the slave site because it is reporting as 'not installed on the master site' (PreachIt is definitely installed on the master site and being defined to the slave site).
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla