English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Shape 5 templates and modules
Shape 5 templates and modules 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I am using the Construction template from shape5 www.shape5.com which contains quite a few modules to make it work...can I deploy this on a multisite installation

Currently it is not working on my slave sites and giving many "extension without tables"..in fact it is not even giving me an administrator page
jwrourke
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shape 5 templates and modules 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When something is not defined in the JMS tool menu, you have to distinguish several cases:
- The extension that need MySQL tables to work (ie. most of the components)
- The extension that does NOT need MySQL table or use existing one installed by a component.

In the case of joomla templates (here shape5), generally, there is no specific MySQL tables created by the extension.

When you have modules or plugins, they generally use existing MySQL tables and does not create specific tables for them.
Therefore, most of the modules and plugin can just be defined event when they are not declared in JMS tools.
In contrary, the component generally have specific MySQL tables and therefore can NOT be installed using the JMS Tool menu. In this case, you need to login in the back-end of the slave site to re-install the extension and allow it creating their own tables.

You can always send us the extension in the attachement of an email and we will review it. (We have received your email with the attachement that we will review).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla