English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: It just Dawned On me
It just Dawned On me 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
After messing with JMS all last night i decided to come here to the site to ask for and notice in order to get to sites to share articles and still be individuals you have to buy article sharing and the same for menus. (crap) why is that no included in jms as one package component maybe i should have read the whole site first then i would have realized that. Now i am stuck again till i get some more money to get those to.

Just wondering why they are separate from the main component?
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:It just Dawned On me 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The reason is very simple.
They are totally independent extensions.
For the "article sharing for JMS" component that is a layer over the standard joomla articles (content) component.
It just get the DB connection from JMS and in reallity this is a standard com_content compnent that is converted on the fly into a multisites version.

They are separated like all the joomla components, modules and plugins.
We have not tried to create a "super package" able to install several components with modules and plugins in one shot. We have use the standard joomla installation procedure that consists in using 1 install for 1 extension and not 1 install for several extensions.

All the extension are independent.
They just use the multisites DB connection defined in JMS instead of the standard joomla "mono" DB connection.
This is the only reason why they require JMS. They just need the multisites DB connection.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/28 09:50 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla