English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Replicating Master Site
Replicating Master Site 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok so I can replicate fresh slave sites at will without any problems yay!!

no rules have been changed I am just specifying different table prefixes and defining the deployment directory which are both correct.

However I am having an issue when trying to replicate the master site , I just get taken to a blank page. Again no modifications to the rule have been made and the deployment directory has been created successfully and the mapping is correct.

JMS is fully up to date with the latest patches installed.... but I noticed an issue with the previous patch not creating all the correct folders within a slave site deployment directory. This has now been resolved as the process now works as mentioned.

Although the same amount of deployment directories are not consistent for the ReplicMaster rule . . . I am not sure if this is intended or a bug with JMS.

Could you please assist with a process for replicating the master in detail aside from saying

1. Select the ReplicMaster Rule
2. Add URLS for new slave site
3. Add any parameters for new site
4. Create deployment directory
5. Click URL to test site

This process is the general practice but as I mentioned the replication instance is confirmed but failing.
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Replicating Master Site 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
First verify you JMS setting and that you have the correct.
When working with WHM/cPanel, the home directory looks like /home/account

JMS default template rule as sample and require that you have a correct setting.
JMS try detect cPanel, Plesk and Godaddy shared hosting to setup the settings for you but if you have another environment, you need to check them.

The "replicMaster" rules exists in different variant depending if you want to replicate a master as a subdomain, sub-directories, domain or multisites directory.

So the key element when you select a rule is that you verify that all the keywords have the correct values.

For example you can have a deployed directory like
{home}/{site_id-2}.{site_id-1}{public}

If you have an error because your settings is not correct, this deploy something into a place that is wrong and after your apache can not find anything that can cause a blank page.

Check also if you have a "error_log" file that would give you more info on the reason of the blank page.
Sometimes, this is due to a file or folder that has the wrong permission or is not present
edwin2win
graph

Re: Replicating Master Site 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin ,

The settings on the CPanel Domain Mappings are correct as they are the same for all sites which is

public_html/domains/<site_id1>.<site_id2>/public_html

JMS corresponds to this and I have checked this by browsing to the directories and testing slave sites.

Because the deployment folder has been created by JMS correctly and the mapping is correct I am baffled as to why the instance is not now directing me to the web page but a blank screen for the <replic_master_domain> rule. . .

regards Nick
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Replicating Master Site 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
First I don't think that you have

public_html/domains/<site_id1>.<site_id2>/public_html

Default rules JMS provided by JMS contain
public_html/domains/{site_id-2}.{site_id-2}/public_html

So the syntax that you used is wrong and may explain that keywords are not found and not resolved.

If you have a blank screen, this probably mean that you didn't correctly deployed the slave site or that you don't have permission to follow the symbolic link.

Check the error log on your server to get more info on the reason of the blank page.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla