English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1
Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
hello,
I recently upgraded kunena from 1.6.x to 1.7.1 to the main site, then, as you report in the upgrade guide i did the installation also on the slave site. But there is a problem, when the upload ends the system detect the version 1.7.1 installed and it doesn't upgrade the linked tables of the slave site... how can i do that?
sinaptec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
When and extension perform an upgrade or a migration, normally, you have to re-install it into each slave site to let the extension proceed its specific upgrade or migration processing.

So, try to re-install Kunena from the back-end of the slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I tried but it says kunena is already at 1.7.1 version so it doesnt give me the screen where i can click on upgrade button (and so upgrade the linked tables). How can i solve that?
sinaptec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Immediatelly like that, I don't know.
The only idea that I have immediatelly is to restore a old Kunena files in the component directory to let the Kunena imagine this is an upgrade.

Perhaps it use the version number that is present in the "kunena.xml" and that if you change the version number this will help you upgrade.

Perhaps you could post a request in Kunena support to ask them how to proceed with the upgrade in this case.

If you get an answer from kunena or find the the solution, please post the answer in the forum for the other customers
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/11/20 11:27 By edwin2win.

Re: Problems after upgrading Kunena 1.6.x to 1.7.1 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, the version is inside the db in the row kunena_version, i tried to delete the row with 1.7.1 but the installation on the slave site continue to detect the version 1.7.1 installed and it didnt go for the db upgrade.
I'm asking in the kunena forum how can i deceive the installer to procede with db upgrade.
sinaptec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I know that Kunena store the version number in the DB but it should have different version number in the slave site when they are still not upgraded.
I suppose that you change the number in the master that is incorrect as normally this is the version present in the slave site that is read by kunena.

So you have effectivelly to contact kunena to identify how to upgrade as it seems there is something else that does not trigger the upgrade.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla